Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Canibal

Before there was cycling chic, Team 7-Eleven and Lance Armstrong, there was Eddy Merckx. Before there were clipless pedals and carbon fiber bikes, there was Eddy Merckx. Before there were integrated shifters and helmet laws, there was Eddy Merckx.


Enough hero worship. Next week I head to Vegas for my very first Interbike experience. In general I can't stand Las Vegas. I was detained there when I was 18 for underage drinking and gambling. I later totaled a VW bus I had just bought during a freak sandstorm while en route to California from Colorado; the people at the lot where it was taken to after the accident stole everything I had in the van and the owner insisted it wasn't his employees... Right. A couple of years later, I was pulled over for driving 105 mph just outside the city when I was heading home after being discharged, honorably, from the Marines. So far I've had bad luck every time I've been near the stinky furnace appropriately named Sin City. Hopefully, this time, it will be different. Although, with the bike people I will undoubtedly meet and befriend while there, many of them "Vegas Veterans," I may have my work cut out for me...



On a final note ... I would like to wish my sister a happy 45th birthday today.

No comments:

Post a Comment