Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back at It



Alright, it's time to get busy. It has been a long time since I've updated this blog. Hopefully that's going to change, as in right now. There are just too many things that seep their way into my chaotic and somewhat twisted mind to not write about them.

Updates: The first half of the year was spent planning and coordinating a wedding with my lovely now-wife, Erin Thomas. It was an incredible experience and I don't know if it could have been better other than not spending more time with friends and family during the big weekend. So many amazing people were there and one of the most rewarding aspects was seeing friends from different times in my life all together in one place and hanging out together: surfers, cyclists, artists, musicians, professionals, etc. And Leonard Lake is an all-out sanctuary of beauty.

After the wedding we slowly headed up the California coast into Oregon and Washington, chilling the hell out for week after a marathon year of making our fantasy wedding into a reality. I got to surf good waves along the way too, which I have not been doing the past couple of years.

OK, onto bicycling. I have been riding this year ... a lot. So much so I entered a 50-mile mountain bike race, the Capitol Forest 50/100, on my Kona Big Unit 29, a singlespeed shredding machine. I placed 5th in the SS category, completely surprised at the results as I have not raced for a long time. It was super fun and it has got me making more plans to race, including this fall. Cyclocross season is right around the corner. Seattle Bike Supply is supposed to hook me up with a Redline Conquest Pro for a product review. If they do, I have no reason not to race. I may just turn the Kona into a pseudo 'cross bike and race singlespeed anyway.

I am looking forward to sharing the results of my mud-encrusted suffering and meeting new people while having some well-deserved beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment