Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cancer Is Shit

Today I stumbled upon the blog of Ezra Caldwell, a framebuilder who has terminal cancer. As I began to read I couldn't help but feel awful for him and what he is going through - sounds pretty stupid, really, as I have no idea what it's like to be in his shoes. Only he does.

I can only imagine what it would be like to have everything going for you: an artistic eye, a successful business that involves your true passion, and a beautiful woman to share it with, when suddenly everything is upended and life takes on a new meaning. What would it be like knowing that you're never going to grow old with the one you love and that you'll never get to see their face and body as an old person, nor will they of you? That you're completely denied the experience of growing old? What happens to all of those dreams you had when you're younger? And what about the expectation that you were going to live a long life and experience so many wonderful things before your time was up in this world, now knowing it's coming to a premature end? And soon.

His positivity is awe-inspiring and I can only be thankful that he is sharing his experience with others. Fight the good fight, brother.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this DD. My heart breaks for this man, but I am thankful that he has the courage to write about his experience and share it with the world. We all need reminded from time to time to get busy living cause we're all dying.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete