Thursday, June 12, 2014

Weener

Oh how I love this band. I recently read a story about Dean Ween "borrowing" Carlos Santana's guitar to record the solo for "Transdermal Celebration" off of 2003's "quebec" album. It makes sense now that I think of it. Whether imitating or originating, Ween always did things their own way. 

One of the best live shows I've had the pleasure of seeing was Ween at Portland's Crystal Ballroom in 2003. It was one of those shows where it seemed incomprehensible to miss a second of. In fact, I was asked to go to the bar and grab a beer at one point during the set. I turned it down to remain firmly planted, or in that case, bouncing (the Crystal Ballroom is notorious for its bouncy flooring) along with the band and the audience. The following video was recorded that same year and brings it all back home. All hail the Boognish.

No comments:

Post a Comment