Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stupid is as Stupid Does

As an experiment regarding recent cycling  fatalities I did a quick Google search of "news cyclist killed". I was appalled at the results. There are far too many cyclist deaths nationwide and it's painfully obvious that more needs to be done to protect us and also educate pedalers and drivers as our numbers continue to grow... 




In Seattle I continually witness stupid maneuvers in traffic from both cyclists and motorists and often wish I could just stop them right where the infraction is incurred and slap the shit out of the side of their heads ... or at least say something to let them know of their stupidity and general lack of regard for others. I've tried the latter but it is usually in vain, as the guilty party typically replies with a wholehearted, "Who the fuck are you?" or a "Do I know you?"

As for the last question? No, you don't actually, but I know you. You're that dipshit who feels entitled because "it's your right to be on the road, gawd dammit," and since we humans are so instinctively competitive and feel that one-upping everyone who comes near us is the way of the world and is, in fact, highly encouraged, it's your oyster ... man.




So I don't do anything and just wait for Darwin's law to sort things out. People often die because of stupidity, among many other things. I can only take part in this rat race and attempt to be happy with the results at the end of the day. Another 24 hours and I'm still breathing; I count my blessings for being in the right place at the right time the majority of that time and so I keep on pedaling. It's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment