Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Few Random Thoughts on Trying to Be Happy

The whole key is to not buy into the bullshit, live your own dreams, and do something that gives you satisfaction at the end of the day. And stay out of debt, because that's where they have you by the balls. Marry (or not) someone who understands those principles and who doesn't buy into the more, more, more mentality. What truly matters is family, friends and doing what makes you happy, thereby making others happy. Try to purchase things that are local, sustainable and think of where everything comes from, and what it took to get there. For me, the bicycle has changed my life (actually it's always been a part of my life from as far back as I can remember), but when I see these fools jockeying around and throwing fists of rage while they're behind the wheel, trying to get to work (and probably driving less of a distance than I ride) I cut over to the next street and laugh, because I have it all to myself...

That last sentence may sound selfish, but when you come across me and find a smile on my face, it will then hopefully create a smile on yours ... and if we're both happy, it's not so selfish anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment