Friday, February 26, 2010

My Love of Bad Weather

That's right, sometimes I enjoy the bad weather more than the good. Especially on the commute. Say what? It's because most of the people who opt to ride their bikes to work when the weather is pleasurable, don't ride when it's shitty out. Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be advocating that more people should ride, but the selfish "surfer" in me wants this wave all to himself. Nothing ruins a nice and peaceful commute than a wheelsucker decked out in his new kit, or that recumbent rider who whizzes past me as I'm waiting for the light to change ... and he always does, further diminishing any respect cyclists may have in the eyes of motorists. I've long since given up on the bikepathlon, and with that I have enjoyed my rides much more. So I say, keep raining, just not on the weekends, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment